- 2 – 8 oz skinless and pin boned salmon fillets. (I could have said 16 oz salmon fillets, but I find it easier to visualize serving sizes with smaller portions. I know, I’m weird.) Each fillet should yield 4 to 5 strips.
- 3⁄4 cup of self-rising or all-purpose flour.
- 3 eggs 1⁄4 cup milk 3⁄4 cup of panko or regular breadcrumbs 1 tsp salt 1 tsp pepper (white pepper if you have it) 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- For the Potato Wave
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled and quartered 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter 1⁄2 cup of milk or half and half 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper (white if you have it) Blue food coloring
- For the Rocks in the Surf
- 2 bunches of green beans. Take a measuring cup or large coffee mug, and stand up the beans to fill the cup. Do this twice. 1 Tbl unsalted butter Dash of salt
- Put your quartered potatoes in a pot with salted water and get them on the stove to boil.
- Cut salmon fillets into index finger width slices. As many as you can get In three different bowls.
- Add your breadcrumbs to one, add your eggs and milk to another one, and finally mix your flour and S & P in the last one. Mix the eggs and milk, as well as your flour and S & P well.
- Chop green beans into 1⁄4 inch pieces