Pop Tarts Homemade
My kids have no idea what a poptart is, I just don’t buy those kinds of products. I don’t mind though making them on my own – Either you can make your own pastry dough or you can purchase a pre-made one.
1 14.1 oz pack of pre-made pie crusts (two 9 inch rounds)
- 1 cup Chocolate spread, fruit jam, fresh blueberries smashed.
- Powder sugar mix for toping if you want. Sugar and water and spinkles or nuts for on top.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Unroll pie crusts, and cut two long rectangles. Cut into equal, smaller, pop tart shaped rectangles. (You should have 16 pieces.)
- Drop two tablespoons of your filling in the center of 8 of the dough rectangles. Place another rectangle on top, and crimp the edges with a fork. Flip and repeat crimping on the other side too.
- Bake for about 7 – 8 minutes.
- If you want a frosted pop tart you can mix powdered sugar with some water and spread on the pop tarts while they are warm. Apply sprinkles or nuts immediately after frosting before it forms.