(Family Features) – When it comes to making summer fun, great snacks have to be part of the mix. Campouts, picnics, sports events and family gatherings all call for delicious tasting snacks that are a cinch to make.
Best-selling cookbook author Katie Lee Joel knows all about mixing up homemade snack recipes. “My family has always loved making big batches of the Original Chex Party Mix,” she says. “Now there are so many new flavor options, such as Snickerdoodle and my signature Spiced Nuts ‘n Chex Mix. And because they can be made in the microwave, they’re easier than ever to make.”
Try one of these tasty options, and in about 15 minutes, you can have the perfect recipe for summer entertaining.
For more irresistible ideas, visit www.chex.com/recipes.
Mix it up and win!
Snickerdoodle Chex Mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups Cinnamon Chex cereal
- 2 cups Chocolate Chex cereal
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- In small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon; set aside. In large microwavable bowl, mix cereals and popcorn.