OMG! Single Mom Almost Goes Blind When Friend Mistakes Superglue For Eye Drops


Yikes! This story totally reminds me of the Friends episode in which Rachel Green (played by the one and only Jennifer Aniston), wouldn’t apply her eyedrops so the whole gang basically got on top of her until Monica (Courteney Cox) managed to get the job done. Could you imagine if she accidentally did it with superglue instead of eyedrops? Oy! Talk about a disaster.

Well, that’s exactly what happened to this Florida woman (Florida… it’s always the Sunshine State, right), when he friend ALMOST blinded her for life with a bottle of super glue.

“Something blew into my eye and I screamed for someone else to get eye drops out of my purse, and they brought super glue and poured it in my eye,” Katherine Gaydos told WPBF. “Soon as I felt it burn I closed my eye and screamed ‘Call 911.’ ”

She said that a friend was using a leaf blower to clear away leaves last week when a piece of debris landed in her eye. She says her friend mistook a Super Glue bottle for Visine.

Gaydos, a single mother of two, went more than a week with her eye glued shut, telling WPBF that with no insurance and no money, doctors initially refused to treat her. Fortunately, now that her story has made headlines, her doctor contacted her and told her to come in for an evaluation. Phew! Lesson learned by all: always check your labels, my friends!!

Related Articles


Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker