If you haven’t already shopped your brains out on Black Friday or Cyber Monday, chances are you will be shop, shop, shopping your way through the holiday season. Outside of the financial strain on your bank account, shopping for hours on end, weekend after holiday weekend can be taxing on your body. This is why it’s important to shop smart both for your wallet and your body so be sure to check out a few of these tips before you make it rain dollar bills at the mall:
- When heading out to shop, be sure you eat before leaving the house. Nothing kills your wallet and your stomach like fast or food court food. Walk off your meal, that’s a better option ; )
- Bring a healthy snack with you so you’re not tempted to snack on trash. It’s also handy when you find yourself starving in a long line with no end in sight.
- Wear comfortable shoes! Nothing kills a day of shopping like blisters and a headache. You need supportive and comfy shoes for holiday marathon shopping. Plus it makes it easier to run from sale to sale!
- If you’re shipping gifts that you are purchasing out and about, bring your address list with you. A lot of the times stores can ship for you directly from the store so it saves you a step.
- Speaking of shipping, know the cut off dates for packages to arrive on time. If you are a procrastinator, this tip will come in handy ; )