St. Patrick’s Day is here and that means green food, green garb and yes, lots and lots of green booze. While many will partake in the Irish themed festivities, there are ways to keep from partaking in the day after traditions of feeling ill. I’ve compiled some of my easy and healthy tips to keep you from being green well into the days following St. Paddy’s Day!
What to do before your green hued liquor binge:
- St. Paddy’s Day morning, start off with a healthy glass of green juice. If you are lucky enough to have a juicer, you know what to do to make a killer green drink. But if not, the next best thing is to guzzle a green beverage by Odwalla, Naked, Trader Joe’s or Bolthouse Farms. You will get a few of your daily servings of hearty veggies in one glass as well as boost your immune system for later, not so healthy action ; )
- Walk or ride your bike to your local Irish pub to save up some calories, gas and the environment as well as to help save lives after to much green fun ; )
- If the bars are not in walking distance, designate a driver!! No excuses!!
- Drinking plenty of water before going out to drink as well as drinking an occasional glass of plain water during the time that you are consuming alcohol. Be sure drink a full glass of water just before going to sleep that night.
- Have a dinner of starchy foods such as pasta or potatoes. Starchy foods slow down the alcohol absorption.
- Drink slowly (nurse your drinks). Less alcohol consumption equals less chance for a hangover.