This Chinese New Year try homemade not takeout!
This is a dinner you can literally whip it up in minutes. If you keep leftover rice in the fridge and shrimp in the freezer, you can always substitute in whatever vegetables you have on hand. Make sure you stock soy sauce and sesame oil (the sesame oil is what gives it that Chinese Fried Rice smell and taste).” – Elizabeth
Like this recipe? Check out more at The Party Bluprints Blog>
- 4 cups cooked white (0r brown) rice (prepare earlier in day or previous day and refrigerate)
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 8 oz. frozen cooked peeled and deveined shrimp, thaw and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 bunch scallions/green onions, minced
- ¾ cups frozen peas, defrosted and thoroughly drained
- 1½ – 2 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1½ tsp. sesame oil
- salt to taste
- Heat large non-stick fry pan on medium heat. Add eggs and scramble until lightly cooked (they should be slightly runny). Turn off heat and move eggs to a plate and using a spatula, chop into small pieces. Set aside.
- Wipe out pan with paper towel. Add 1 tbsp. oil to pan and heat on high heat. Add diced shrimp and cook for 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp. oil to pan. Add scallions and cook for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.