Pizza tops the list as a fan favorite for Super Bowl food year after year. So this year why not try your hand at a semi-homemade version and score a touchdown with your home team!
Homemade Party Pizza – (Yields 2 large pizzas)
- 2 balls of pizza dough – they are typically about 1 lb. each (we buy dough at our local pizzeria, you can buy it or make it yourself)
- ¾ cup tomato sauce
- 1 lb. thinly sliced mozzarella (we have been using fresh mozzarella and it’s out of this world)
- Basil (optional)
- Remove pizza dough from the refrigerator and allow it to warm to room temperature, at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 450°. Grease 2 large pizza pans.
- Place a ball of pizza dough on each pan and starting in the center of each gently knead the dough pressing it out toward edge of pan.
- Ladle ¼ cup of sauce in center of each and again spread toward outer edge until evenly distributed (if sauce is looking a little thin for your taste, ladle a bit more on).
- Top with thinly sliced mozzarella.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until bottom is golden brown and top is bubbly.
- Remove from oven, top with basil (optional), slice with pizza wheel and serve. Pop 2nd pizza in oven – the first will go fast!