Doritos; Make Your Own Vegan Doritos
I can not remember the last time I had Doritos ( I used to love them). So when I researched on how to make my own I was skeptical… The whole family gobbled them up! I seriously stumped my husband and that is hard to do.. These will take you maybe 20 minutes with cooking to prepare..
Ingredients for Nacho “Cheese” Doritos
- 1/4 c. nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp. paprika or smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. salt (depending on your salty tooth)
- For each seasoning, place in a high-speed blender to make it even (the nutritional yeast will be flakey so this will help).
What Chips Do You Use? You can buy a bag of organic non-Gmo tortilla chips from the grocery store or you can make them youself! Ingredients
- 6 corn tortillas ( thin ones will be crispier)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil or Grapeseed Spray
- Seasoning ( see above)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line your baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or tinfoil.
- Cut your tortillas into 8 slices ( like a pie).
- In a bowl place the “tortillas or chips” inside and drizzle the olive oil or spray them all over until each side is covered.
- Coat each chip with seasoning making sure that both sides are perfectly coated.