Disneyland Pumpkin Beignets Recipe, They Are Back!
The most delicious Pumpkin Beignets are back and available at Café Orleans and the Mint Julep Bar, New Orleans Square at Disneyland Park. But, if you can’t make it there, then why not try to make them at home!!!
Here is thePumpkin Beignets recipe straight from Disneyland!!!
Makes 25 beignets
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin extract (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon dry instant yeast
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Powdered sugar, for coating
- Combine pumpkin purée, sugar, cream, water, eggs, shortening, pumpkin extract, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Whisk to combine. Add flour and yeast, stirring by hand to combine.
- Mix dough with the dough hook attachment until it forms a ball around the hook; the dough may be a little sticky.
- With floured hands, remove dough from hook and roll into a ball. Place dough in a clean bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.