Decedant Dessert Recipe For Valentine’s Day!
Looking for a decadent dessert to make your honey this Valentine’s Day? We have the perfect recipe for YOU and it’s easy and delicious too!
Molten Lava Cakes
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 oz. baking chocolate unsweetened squares
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. shortening
- 1 tsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. confectioners’ sugar
- 2 fresh raspberries, washed and dried
- 2 fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Grease ramekins generously with shortening and dust with cocoa powder, gently empty out any excess cocoa. Place ramekins on rimmed baking sheet and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place chocolate squares and butter in glass bowl/glass measuring cup. Microwave on low for 90 seconds and stir for one minute. If mixture is not completely smooth, microwave an additional 15-30 seconds and stir chocolate and butter until they are completely melted – fully incorporated and smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
- In mixer, add egg, egg yolk and sugar. Beat until mixture is pale yellow and light and fluffy. Turn mixer down to medium-low speed and pour in chocolate mixture, followed by flour. Mix just until combined, do not over mix.
- Divide batter equally into 2 ramekins. Bake for 8 – 10 minutes. The outside of the cake should be cooked through with a molten lava center inside the cake.