Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and we have 3 words for you: RICH, DARK, DECADENT! This treat is so satisfying and simple to make. They’re a perfect Valentine’s Day party dessert or gift. Enjoy and share the love!
Easy Chocolate Truffles
(Makes 36 Truffles)
– 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
– 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
– 4 oz. hot pink melting chocolate wafers
1. Place cookies in a gallon-size sealable plastic bag, seal and crush with the back of a large wooden spoon (you can also use a food processor.)
2. Empty cookie crumbs and softened cream cheese into mixer and mix until fully incorporated.
3. Transfer chocolate mixture to a bowl, cover and refrigerate for an hour. Roll mixture into 1” balls and place on rimmed cookie sheet lined with wax/parchment paper and freeze for an hour.
4. Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl/glass measuring cup and melt on low for 1-2 minutes until it starts to melt, stir for 60 seconds. If chocolate pieces remain, microwave for another 60 seconds and stir until chocolate is completely melted.
5. Remove chocolate balls from the freezer and drop one by one into melted chocolate. When completely covered, return to wax/parchment lined cookie sheet. Repeat process until all are covered.