Children In A NJ Day Care Accidentally Drink Bleach!
Wow! How does something like this happen!
Yahoo reported that “Twenty-eight preschoolers and two adults mistakenly drank bleach at snack time at a New Jersey day care center on Thursday and were taken to a hospital after some complained their stomachs were burning.
The children, aged 3 and 4, and adult staff members of the Growing Tree Learning Center in downtown Jersey City were transported in five ambulances to the Jersey City Medical Center after a late-morning call to 911, said Mark Rabson, a hospital spokesman. He said some complained of light-headedness, others of upset stomachs.
“We had an incident where one of the staff in the kitchen used the cleaning solution bottle to pour water for some of the children,” Kearney said.
“It was a repurposed plastic milk jug with a bleach water solution we use to wipe down surfaces. The label we had on the bottle wasn’t large enough to guard against it,” he said.
The children and staff were having a morning snack of water and fruit when an adult noticed a faint bleach smell and reported it immediately, he said.
To find the full story go here