Chef Chris Georges Recipes from Hollywood
By: Chris Georges
This month, we’ve enlisted the help of celebrity chef and Hot Mom Chris Georgas. This diva has developed recipes for Whole Foods, and has created meals for Hollywood’s biggest celebrities including Shonda Rhimes the producer of Grey’s Anatomy and from watching the show, you know she’s get fabulous taste!
Chris whipped out her family holiday side dishes to make your Thanksgiving dinner something worth talking about!
Here are a handful of fresh ideas to elevate some familiar favorites:
7 quick Appetizers for crackers and crostini:
1. Thinly sliced ham with crisp apple and slightly melted Gruyere
2. Oil packed tuna, chopped olives and hard boiled egg
3. Sliced roast beef with horseradish cream and red onion
4. Sliced pear and soft goat cheese drizzled with honey
5. Pepper jelly and natural cream cheese
6. Chopped dried figs with cream cheese and honey
7. Caramelized onions with bacon and crumbled blue cheese
Mashed Potato Heaven
Mashed potatoes are a staple side dish a lot of cooks use to fill out a meal.
“With so many unique tastes in the Thanksgiving meal, I recommend keeping the mashed potatoes simple, adding too many seasonings or garlic over stimulates the palette, the Secret to making the creamiest mashed potatoes… add Mayonnaise, yes a few tablespoons will make them taste absolutely delicious!!
Creamy Parsley Mashed Potatoes and Bacon
This side dish is a spin on the traditional mashed potatoes.