By: Just One More
Beef Kabobs with Apricot Glaze Recipe. Instead of getting dad a tie that he won’t wear or a book he already has, get cooking for dad with some easy and delicious recipes to make a Father’s Day feast that everyone can enjoy!
Beef Kabobs with Apricot Glaze
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
· 1 jar (26 oz.) DEL MONTE® Orchard Select® Apricot Halves
· 1 Tbsp cornstarch
· 2 tsp Dijon mustard
· 1 tsp. dried basil, crushed
· 1-1/2 lb. sirloin steak, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
· 2 each small green or red sweet peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
· 4 each medium mushrooms, cut in half
· 8 each skewers
1. Drain apricots reserving 1 cup syrup into small saucepan; blend in cornstarch until dissolved. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Stir in mustard and basil. Set aside.
2. Thread meat, apricots, green pepper and mushrooms alternately into skewers; brush with apricot syrup mixture. To prevent burning of wooden skewers, soak skewers in water for 10 minutes before assembling kabobs.
3. Grill kabobs over hot coals (or broil) about 5 minutes on each side or to desired doneness, brushing occasionally with additional syrup mixture.