Photography by Jason Wyche
Looking to have some fun with your food this Thanksgiving? Well, look no further!
This has to be the most adorable appetizer we’ve seen this season. The big bonus is that it serves a dozen guests delicious cheese and will help keep them happy till the turkey’s on the table!
Michelle Buffardi’s GREAT BALLS OF CHEESE will open your eyes to a world of cheesy possibility. Buffardi’s 50+ creations are perfect for no-fuss entertaining. We just had to share this one for Thanksgiving!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons herbes de Provence
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Coarse salt, to taste
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted and chopped for coating
- 1 dark raisin, 1 whole almond, small piece red bell pepper, dried papaya or orange bell pepper slices, and thin pretzel sticks, for decorating
- Crackers and crudites, for serving
- Using a stand mixer or a bowl and a spatula, mix together the cream cheese, goat cheese, herbes de Provence, garlic, mustard, and salt. Form the mixture into a ball, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.